Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Photo exhibits




Disclaimer: Hi everyone, things have been a bit hectic as Joe and I came back to the State's last month and then had to take care of tons of things before and after the trip. I just wanted to share the last highlight of our trip with you all before going into our new adventures.


This entry is from August 6th, 2011 by Joe.





Today has made my trip to South Africa. Today was especially significant, because of what transpired this afternoon. Actually, I haven’t seen my wife this happy in a few weeks. I feel that her recent stress has revolved around the upcoming photo gallery exhibition with her participants and the significance of her activities with the youngsters.





The turnout at the Madiba’s Babies PEP exhibition was more than I expected and the reception from those who attended responded very well to the photos. As the day progressed I noticed the satisfaction of her work on this often difficult project. However, my day wasn’t so much focused on Fileve’s happiness, but also what Tatum and Natasha thought of this whole affair. They loved it. Both of them had smiles all afternoon. They did an awesome job talking to the attendees, the writers from the Gandhian, a South African magazine.


Back to Fi.


After the show we took the ladies to lunch. While we were there a new friend of ours from KwaMuhle museum found us and exulted the work. All he could say was "There's a book in this!" I think the girls liked that. Anyone, reading this who is interested in helping us produce a book please contact me!


Anyway, leaving South Africa was tough but we got to say good-bye to the majority of friends and family. It really hit me when I was sitting on the phone and had to turn off my phone. At that moment the tears came flowing. The plane was jam packed with American holiday makers and a few looked at me in wonder as if to say "She was just here on vacation, what is she crying for?" Well I really don't know what they were thinking but Joe comforted me as best he could.



No comments:

Post a Comment